To be able to set up your Netgear range Extender manually. You will need to open website mywifiext.net on your own browser. It will directly get you to the New Extender Setup page from where you could follow the onscreen steps for establishing your Netgear extender.
Sometimes you may get an error message which says you are not attached to range extender while getting on website mywifiext.net, the reason being website mywifiext.net is not just a regular internet website, it is just a local web address used to open New Extender Setup Page or Netgear Smart Wizard of one’s Netgear Wireless Range Extender.
Setup your mywifiext.net Ex6100 as a wireless range extender:
- Connect the device to EX6100 via a wireless connection and use an Ethernet cable to connect your device to one of the available Ethernet ports of EX6100.
- Connect your wifi network along with your wireless computer, laptop and other devices with Netgear mywifiext.net Network.
- When successfully connected with it, the Netgear mywifiext.net led light will be turning to solid green.
- After connecting open your internet browser and enter website mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Now click on the NEW EXTENDER SET UP and complete the SET UP by clicking on the NEXT.
- Choose your wifi network and enter your network key by clicking on the NEXT.
- Change the SSID of your extender and use the same existing network password and then click on the NEXT to save the settings and then click to continue.
- After saving the settings, connect your device to EX6100 before clicking on Continue.
The extender is now successfully connected to your existing mywifiext.net network.
Can’t access mywifiext.net Ex6100
If you are not able to get on website mywifiext.net then it’s due to any of the reasons listed below:
- You are not connected to mywifiext.net range extender.
- Netgear mywifiext.net range extender is not in the same room as the router.
- Your Netgear mywifiext.net range extender is not connected to the power.
- Your Netgear mywifiext.net range extender is not in default mode.
- Sometimes it may be as a result of the browser issue.
- If still, you are incapable to get on mywifiext.net then write 192.168.1.250 on your browser.