The Mywifiext.net Range Extender boosts your existing network range and speed by delivering dual-band Wi-Fi. You may also utilize the extender in access point mode as a Wi-Fi access point and produce a new Wi-Fi hotspot with a wired Ethernet connection.
When To Use Your Mywifiext.net Range Extender
NETGEAR recommends connecting through the extender network only once when the Wi-Fi device is in a “dead zone” where the connection from the prevailing network is poor. Data traffic routed through the Mywifiext.net extender is inherently slower than traffic routed directly from the network.
Run Smart Setup Installation
You should use Smart Setup to alter the extender settings. That is a good way for connecting the Mywifiext.net Range Extender to some other router or to alter the Wi-Fi password.
To run Smart Setup:
- Work with a Wi-Fi network manager on a pc or Wi-Fi device to connect to the brand new extended Wi-Fi network. After the bond with the computer or Wi-Fi device is initiated, the Device Link LED lights solid green.
- Launch a web browser.
- Enter website net in the address field of the browser. A login screen displays.
- Enter your current email address and password and then click on the LOG IN button. The Status screen displays.
- Click the SMART SETUP button. The Welcome screen displays.
- After it, select the net and click the WIFI RANGE EXTENDER button. The extender scans for Wi-Fi signals and finds the Wi-Fi network locally and displays an inventory.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and click the NEXT button.
- When prompted, enter the password to get in touch to your Wi-Fi network and click the NEXT button. A note displays once the extender connects to your existing router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Click the NEXT button. The extender applies settings on Wi-Fi network names and Wi-Fi passwords.
- When prompted, connect your Wi-Fi devices to the extender and click the CONTINUE button. The registration screen displays.
- Complete the registration fields and click the FINISH button to accomplish the setup. If you may not desire to register your extender, click the Skip Registration link.
- Remember that you should register your extender before you should use NETGEAR telephone support. The Status screen displays.